Feeling a little stressed? Many people feel that way from time to time. If you are overwhelmed with things to do, sometimes it helps to make a list. Just jot down all of the things that come to mind. This is helpful for two reasons:
1. It takes it off of your mind, and puts it onto paper. Now you have one list, and can tackle items one at a time.
2. Maybe it isn’t the volume of items, but rather the same 10-12 outstanding items that continue to bother you. So, as strange as it may seem, the same items that you’re concerned about may not seem so overwhelming once they are written down. The list may be much smaller than it seems. Writing it down also provides you with a visual plan.
Below you will find a printable To-Do list:
Just print it out, and start writing down all of your outstanding items. It may be helpful to print more than one copy to group like items together. For example, one list for household chores to complete, another for errands to run, and a third one for calls to make.
Another idea is to print one To Do List for each day of the week. Write down what you would like to complete today. Make another list for tomorrow, and so forth. Sometimes breaking it down by day can be helpful. That way you know which day you plan to work on it. If something doesn’t get done, plan to tackle outstanding items early the next day, or move the item to another day.
Once your list is written down, it’s time to get to work. Here are a few ideas on where to start:
- Start with the task that needs to be finished soonest.
- Start with a few easy tasks, so you can start checking off completed items, and whittle away that list.
- Prioritize your top 5 Things to Do. Once those are done, select your next 5 items.
Before you know it, your list will be completed. Now it’s time to get to work. 🙂
Do you need more time management ideas? Check out the following articles: