Are you planning to host Easter dinner? If so, we are here to help make the process easy. Below you will find our helpful Easter checklists, menus, timelines and planning tips. Let’s get started.
Easter Menu Planning
As with most events and family gatherings, you will want to do some initial planning.
- First, decide on the time of your meal. Will it be an Easter breakfast, brunch, or dinner?
- Next, determine the names of the guests who will attend.
- Then, it’s time to set the menu.
Click on the link below to print our Easter Menu Planner. Here, you can list the time of the event, names of guests, and food you plan to serve.
Tips for completing the list:
- If your guests will bring a dish, that’s fine. Just add it to the menu, and list their name after it. Example: Cookies – Mom
- If you’re planning to have leftovers, it’s always nice to have a pretty take home bag.
Easter Dinner Cooking Timeline
Since Easter brunch or dinner involves cooking various dishes, you’ll want to set up a timeline for the day, so that everything runs smoothly.
1. First, determine what time you want to eat.
For our example, let’s say that dinner will be served at 2:00 p.m.
2. Next, determine what time your guests should arrive.
For our dinner, we are asking guests to arrive at 1:00 p.m.
Note: We know that some guests will arrive a little earlier, and some will run late. Therefore, we expect the overall arrive time between 12:45 – 1:15.
Our social hour is planned for 1:00 – 2:00.
3. Then, fill out the Easter Meal Timeline to determine your cooking times and tasks for the day.
We will serve a pork roast. It weighs just under 3 pounds, and needs to cook ½ hour per pound. Once it comes out of the oven, it will sit for 15 minutes prior to carving. This keeps it nice and juicy.
Be sure to check out:
We’ve also included a blank page so that you can fill out one for your Easter meal:
Now that everyone agrees you are hosting Easter brunch or dinner in your home, there are quite a few things you can do ahead of time to get ready for the event. Here is an Easter Checklist to help you prepare for the holiday. At the end of this section, you will find a printable version of our Easter Checklist.
Things to Do: Easter Checklist
Two to three weeks ahead of time:
- Invite guests
- Plan menu
- Buy Easter eggs, candy and baskets
- Decorate house with Easter items
- Update entrance way with spring flowers (daffodils, hyacinths, or tulips)
- Update pictures around house
- Schedule hair cuts for family members
The week before Easter:
- Locate Easter tableware: tablecloth, placemats, and napkins
- Make place cards
- Inspect dishes, plates and glasses for chips or cracks
- Fill Easter eggs
- Put together Easter baskets with candy and small toys
- Make ice cubes
- Clean house: Vacuum, mop, clean windows in main rooms
- Charge cameras, camcorders, and cell phones
- Confirm there is enough memory space on all cameras, camcorders and cell phones
- Run errands
- Grocery Shopping
- Clean house
- Clean bathroom and be sure to:
- Fill soap dispenser
- Put out new roll of toilet paper
- Clean windows in family room, dining room, and entryway
- Clean front of oven and dishwasher
- Clean bathroom and be sure to:
- Wash table cloth
- Set table (dishes, utensils, glassware, napkins, centerpiece)
- Bath for kids
- Charge cell phone (especially if using to take pictures)
Sunday: Happy Easter! Enjoy the day.
Click here for a printer-friendly version: Easter Checklist
Be sure to checkout our New EDITABLE Easter Planner:
Did you know our planner is
1. Editable: You can download and type your info right on the form.
2. Portable: Use on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
3. Large-print: Easy to read, even on a cell phone
4. Reusable: Save your plans and use year after year.
5. Printable: Print if needed. Keep your Cooking Timeline handy while cooking.
6. Ink-friendly: Designed to save you ink by using fewer graphics.
Get your Editable Easter Planner today!
Click here to get your Easter planner: Editable Easter Planner
We hope that you and your family have a Happy Easter!
Want to keep your home running smoothly?
Be sure to enter your email address (on the right side of our home page)
to receive PRIORITIES, our free publication
with Monthly Household Checklists and tips for
subscribers of Running a Household.