Are you planning to host Easter dinner? If so, we are here to help make the process easy with our Editable Easter Planner. This includes a Menu Planner, Cooking Timeline, Easter Checklist and tips for the holiday. Let’s get started.
Easter Menu Planning
As with most events and family gatherings, you will want to do some initial planning. Consider using our Editable Easter Planner to keep track of everything:
- First, decide on the time of your meal. Will it be an Easter breakfast, brunch, or dinner?
- Next, determine the names of the guests who will attend.
- Then, it’s time to set the menu.
Tips for completing the list:
- If your guests will bring a dish, that’s fine. Just add it to the menu, and list their name after it. Example: Cookies – Mom
- If you’re planning to have leftovers, it’s always nice to have a pretty take home bag.
Easter Cooking Timeline
Since Easter brunch or dinner involves cooking various dishes, you’ll want to set up a timeline for the day, so that everything runs smoothly.
1. First, determine what time you want to eat.
For our example, let’s say that dinner will be served at 2:00 p.m.
2. Next, determine what time your guests should arrive.
For our dinner, we are asking guests to arrive at 1:00 p.m.
Note: We know that some guests will arrive a little earlier, and some will run late. Therefore, we expect the overall arrive time between 12:45 – 1:15.
Our social hour is planned for 1:00 – 2:00.
3. Then, fill out the Easter Meal Timeline to determine your cooking times and tasks for the day.
We will serve a pork roast. It weighs just under 3 pounds, and needs to cook ½ hour per pound. Once it comes out of the oven, it will sit for 15 minutes prior to carving. This keeps it nice and juicy.
Easter Checklist Preparations
Now that everyone agrees you are hosting Easter brunch or dinner in your home, there are quite a few things you can do ahead of time to get ready for the event. Check out our editable Easter Checklist to keep your Easter organized.
Two to three weeks ahead of time:
- Invite guests
- Plan menu
- Buy Easter eggs, candy and baskets
- Decorate house with Easter items
- Update entrance way with spring flowers (daffodils, hyacinths, or tulips)
- Update pictures around house
- Schedule hair cuts for family members
The week before Easter:
Do a few things each day of the week. Use our pre-filled checklist to manage the week. Or, make changes to fit your schedule.
Get your Editable Easter Planner
Our Editable Easter Planner is large-print and easier to read. It includes:
- Easter Menu Planner
- Easter Dinner Cooking Timeline
- Easter Checklist
Click here to get your Editable Easter Planner
Did you know our planner is
1. Editable: You can download and type your info right on the form.
2. Portable: Use on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
3. Large-print: Easy to read, even on a cell phone
4. Reusable: Save your plans and use year after year.
5. Printable: Print if needed. Keep your Cooking Timeline handy while cooking.
6. Ink-friendly: Designed to save you ink by using fewer graphics.
Get your Editable Easter Planner today!
You may also want to read these articles our site:
It’s Time to Decorate for Easter