The holidays are behind us, and it’s time to get organized. The month of January is a great time to put away all of the Christmas decorations, as well as organize your paperwork. We’re here to help with our printable Household Checklist for January and detailed information for the projects you need to tackle this month. So let’s get started.
Things to Do in January
- Put away Christmas decorations (see separate list)
- Assess cleaning schedule; revise as needed
- Make updates: medical wallet card and phone numbers
- Restock cold and flu supplies
- Straighten hat and mitten bin or drawer
- Organize papers (mail bin, receipts, filing system, menus, gift cards)
- Purchase additional ice melt and sand for driveway
- Purchase additional gasoline for snow blower
- Rake roof after snowfalls
- Balance checkbook
- Collect documents to prepare Federal and state taxes
- Gather charitable donation receipts and value items
- Sign up for electronic billing and statements
- Plan birthdays, parties, and events for February
- Prepare for Valentine’s Day (cards, gifts, candy)
Need more details on some of these projects? Check out the following articles:
Details on January Projects
Here are some specific details on our January projects. Just click on the link below to read more.
Wrapping Up Christmas: January Checklist
Things to Do During the January Thaw
Household Chores – Weekly Checklist
Household Updates to Make in January
Are you ready for the cold virus season?
Simple ways to organize winter hats and mittens
(includes how to organize gift cards, mailing supplies, receipts, coupons and menus)
Things to Do After a Snowstorm
How to Keep Track of Your Charitable Contributions
Do You Still Receive Bills and Statements in the Mail? How to Go Paperless
Five Steps to Planning a Football Party
Ideas for Celebrating Valentine’s Day
Printable Household Checklist for January
Just click on the link below for a printable copy of our Household Checklist for January:
Household Checklist for January
By scheduling time to handle these items in January, you’ll be sure to keep everything running smoothly in your household.
Need more ideas? Check out our Toolbox tab above.
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive more helpful hints about Running A Household.