Not sure where to keep all of the papers that come home from school? Consider setting up a temporary bin.
When the kids come home, get into the habit of emptying their backpacks.
1. Keep Homework on the table.
2. Take a look at your child’s finished work. If you need to save it, just place it in the bin.
Our bin is 12 x 12, and about 6 inches deep. When the bin fills up, we sort through it by:
– Tossing papers that we don’t need
– Saving the best ones for our scrapbook.
3. We also keep a bright-colored folder in the bin. Use this to keep special papers like: school lunch menu, Scholastic book flyers, upcoming school events etc.
Need a few more ideas? Check out the following articles:
How to store school work from year to year
How to organize crayons
Simple and Healthy School Lunch Ideas
How to Display Child’s Art Work