Is your garden producing a lot of zucchini? Consider making zucchini bread. It’s a tasty treat for breakfast, or it makes a great afternoon snack. Our recipe contains no vegetable oil, and uses only 2 eggs. See our recipe below.
Zucchini Bread (Makes 2 loaves)
3 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup melted butter (1/2 stick)
1 cup sugar
½ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/8 cup honey
4 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoons cinnamon
6 tablespoons milled flax seed
3 cups sifted whole wheat flour
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cups raisins
- Shred zucchini and place in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs and sugar. Add to large bowl with zucchini.
- Add butter, applesauce, honey and water.
- Add dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and milled flax seed. Mix well with spoon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottoms of 2 loaf pans with butter.
- Sift flour one cup at a time directly into large bowl with all ingredients. Mix after each cup goes in.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour ½ batter into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Printer-Friendly Zucchini Bread Recipe
Below you will find a link to our one page, printer-friendly version of our zucchini bread recipe:
Here are some additional articles you may enjoy: