Do you need to buy a gift for Father’s Day? Whether it’s for your dad, grandfather, or husband, we have you covered. So set a budget, and check out our ideas for a perfect gift.
How to Select a Father’s Day Gift
Set a budget. At least have a price range in mind. Do you want to spend:
Think about what dad likes to do:
What are his hobbies?
Does he have any favorite snacks?
Where does he like to shop or dine out?
Is there something that could make dad’s life easier?
Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Dad and Grandpa
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are referral links, which means that if you make a purchase, there is no extra cost to you, but Running A Household will receive a commission.
- Cell phone
- Cell phone charger for car
- Waterproof cell phone case
- Clothing store
- Auto parts store
- Barnes and Noble
- Coffee Shop
- Car wash
- Weber wood grill
Mini-Fridge for beer – Mom’s like this too, since there’s no beer in the main fridge. 🙂
- Family portrait for your dad
- Take a few candid pictures of your kids. Put them in a frame for your husband.
Tickets to game or sporting event
Tools to make his job fun or easier
- Automatic tape measure
- Stud finder
- Electric screwdriver
- Ratchet Screwdriver
- Power washer
- Automatic pool vacuum – Mom secretly wants this too. 🙂
T-shirt (Angry birds, favorite Nascar driver, brew pub, baseball team)
- Black & Decker High Performance Blower
- Weed Wacker
- Hedge Trimmer
- Tree Trimmer / pole
- Roof rake for snow
Hobby Items: What does your dad, grandfather, or husband like to do in her spare time?
- Portable gas grill
- Sleeping bag
- Camping chair
- Tire gauge to check air pressure
- Battery checker
- Note pad for dashboard
- Radar detector
- Automatic remote starter
- Fishing pole
- Supplies: bait, tackle, hooks
- Tackle box
Genealogy / Family History
- Subscription to Ancestry.com
- Subscription to Newsbank.com
- Book to write down family history
- Subscription to Family Tree Magazine
Outdoors: Deck / Patio / Yard
- Adirondack chairs
- Rocking chair
- Software program to organize pictures
- Zoom lens for camera
- Camera Bag
- Storage – CDs, jump drives, memory sticks; and case for cds or memory sticks
- Gift card to Barnes and Noble
- Newest book written by his favorite author
- Magazine subscription
Running, boating, swimming, camping, tennis, golf
- New gear or equipment: tennis racquet, clubs, balls
- Clothing / sneakers
- Breakfast in bed
- Hand-made card
- Drawing from children
- Homemade cookies or cake
- Coupons for kids to help with the following: wash car, take out trash, mow lawn
Do you have an idea that isn’t listed here? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list.
Have a Happy Father’s Day.